Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Clark has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I have been a patient of Dr. John Clark for four & a half years. During that time, I have found Dr.Clark to be not only an excellent physician but a sincere & likable man. I am not the easiest patient to treat. I am in Chronic Renal Failure & have other serious conditions which complicate my medical treatment. These concurrent conditions create a situation which some physicians have found difficult, beginning with the management of the number of conditions & contrindications that come with handling my healthcare. Yet somehow, Dr. Clark has managed my medical situation, & he managed it with confidence & in good grace. Dr. Clark always discusses my situation in a straight forward manner and takes the time to explain the most complicated of medical details with patience. Even when the topic became difficult, Dr. Clark found a way to handle it with compassion. I have recomended Dr. Clark to others who are in need of renal care. I can't say enough about what a wonderful doctor he is. I truly respect Dr. Clark & am extremely grateful to have have him as my physician.
16 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. John A Clark accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNephrology Consultants LLC, 2780 Bob Wallace Ave SW, Huntsville, AL
Dr. John A Clark is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.