More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Martin Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Website for review is unresponsive I would rate him poorly on follow up visit. Would not answer my questions about problems I was having. Rt knee replacement lower leg unstable leading to discomfort and bones shifting out of sicker. Left knee replacement the lower was put in one half inch slanted to the outward side. Balance isabigussue. My ankle now collapsed in keep the crooked alignment straight. I aways told apparatus wa to large for my knee and the metal parts in both knees too close to the skin causing needless pain. I fall frequently due to the slant if the leg. Both arch and bones/muscle collapsed and realigned to correct the slanting error. The defects can be seen on X-ray. But dr Martin would never answer my inquiries and worries of what was visually obvious was a crooked leg.
33 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1985
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dr. John A Martin Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCommonwealth Orthopedic Associates, 11 Fairlane Rd, Reading, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Martin Jr in this video.
Dr. John A Martin Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.