Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John A Mcpherson
Dr. John A Mcpherson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mcpherson is affiliated with University Medical Center, Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation and Tristar Ashland City Medical Center. Dr. Mcpherson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Mcpherson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John A Mcpherson has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Block
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
Dr. John A Mcpherson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 5
Could not find a smarter, more caring, more competent doctor. Dr. McPherson is what every doctor should be (or aspire to be). If you have a problem, he will work with you to fix it, whatever it takes. We have sent friends to him who have been equally pleased with the quality of care and the quality of the person.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mcpherson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. John A Mcpherson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsVANDERBILT UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER EAST, 1215 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Mcpherson, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Nashville, TN, in this video.
Dr. John A Mcpherson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.