Dr. John A Turchiano Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John A Turchiano?

Does not have enough knowledge to be treating sick people.

He looked things up on his phone while I was with him. My question was a simple one also. The tests he orders are unecessary adn some are not even covered by my insurance which a good doctor would know for his patient.

Insufficent knowledge and skills

Having a doctor look a basic question up on his phone is disconcerting. Having a doctor who orders prostate blood tests for women is terrifying.

Very far from competent

Avoid this doctor and office!!

Avoid Dr. Turchiano

Does not have the proper knowledge to be practicing mediciine and it is scary. Money is first here----improper billing practices all to line his wallet. It is not about your health!

rude staff

Rude office staff. Unresponsive.

All he does is talk about himself. He is very narcissistic, and doesn't care about his patients.

phenomenal doctor and staff

Dr John Turchiano is an excellent physician who understands what he is talking about and makes sense of it for his patient to also understand. I had Lyme early in 2014 and he cured me of it. My whole family are patients and I also refer him to friends and family as he is an amazing and intelligent doctor. The staff at the front are phenomenal and the medical assistants are swell and very kind hearted. Amazing staff, service and experience overall.

Never again

Your lucky if he spends five minutes with you. He is always in a rush and the other doctor with him is just as bad. I so happy that I now have a doctor who cares more about his patients then money.

Still looking

I liked Dr. Turchiano's advertisement that he's a "country doctor that spends time with his patients", but alas, the reality differs considerably. I made my appt. to see him but when I got there I was directed to another doctor working in his office who was TOTALLY incompetent--the lab had to call her three times just to get the blood test form filled out correctly while I sat in the lobby for an hour hearing the entire thing! Staff told me I had to request Dr. Turchiano specifically (I did) when I call to make an appt. I have now seen Dr. Turchiano on three separate appts., but each time he says he's got to research this or that and needs to see me for another appt. to discuss this or that. I schedule another appt. as directed only to find that he didn't research anything! It appears that he walks into the room to see a patient without having any clue as to why they're there or what he's supposed to have done for them. When pressed for answers, he seems knowledgeable out anatomical processes, but has ZERO follow through. He has several staff working for him, none of whom seem to do their jobs: no follow-up to appts., inaccurate entries into my patient medical record, ordering RX meds in the wrong amounts, etc. All of this has me "still looking" for a thorough and competent doctor.

avoid- one star is generous here

The staff that is unkind at best, and a doctor who is always in a hurry. He does not follow up, pretends to be aware of what your problem is, Greets brand new patients as if he knew exactly who they are. Pretends to care. The waiting time is crazy long, yet once you are actually with the doctor- he is in such a hurry to get to the next patient you forget to ask about stuff you came in with. If they diagnose something, they do not explain what to expect, what the long time plan is, what the best and worst case scenarios are. No one is forthcoming. You end up having to read about it on the internet. You have to be your own doctor and know exactly what you need and treat this office as the way to get it.

Very disappointed, left one star because I can't leave none...

After many years as his patient I find myself being sent to a answering machine, his staff is terrible and uncaring. The doctor on call won't answer the calls either... How good I a doctor that never takes time to know what is going on around him and is unreachable? I just reached the tipping point as I needed to speak to him and his office would not cooperate with us, they were supposed to send a prescription to a pharmacy, which they said they would and after calling the whole day (we were out of State) they ended up not sending the prescription needed. Even the pharmacy left them messages as my husband had a very high blood pressure!!! I guess our health does not really matter to them. We called several times and they never returned our calls, I liked him a lot as a person and trusted him with my family health, never again... I no longer recommend his services.

Extremely poor service - nice doctor

Dr Turchiano is a wonderful and caring guy/doctor. Unfortunately his staff is the opposite. He uses college kids as interns and they can't draw blood without hurting you. The office staff NEVER answers the phone and don't return calls. I needed a fast appointment for being sick and I left 7 messages and had to find another doctor whom I have moved to permenantely. I would consider returning if dr T changes his office staff as they are not very friendly or caring and has people answer/return calls same day as their machine promises. But I doubt that will happen