Incompetent and untrustworthy

I am writing this post on behalf of my brother who visited Dr. Abroon's office about a month ago. Dr. Abroon incorrectly prescribed my brother a prescription that was not covered by his insurance. After the fact, Dr. Abroon and his staff decided not to follow up with the insurance company; instead, Dr. Abroon has chosen to to be unresponsive, irresponsible, and not helpful to my brother, creating a cost of time and $ borne by my brother. I would never recommend Dr. Abroon to anyone after he has exhibited this sort of incompetence and careless attitude toward my brother's situation. We will be filing a complaint with Office of Professional Medical Conduct at the NYS Department of Health.

Poor service

Dr Abroon spent very little time with me on my first and last visit. I got a real run around when I asked for my lab results. It took one month and the intervention of a third party for me to get them .

Thorough Doctor

I am surprised to see some of the 1 star comments and reviews on here. Dr Abroon has been my primary physician for over a decade and never did I see him not show bedside manners or be rude. He's thorough and I actually feel that he will do something about you being sick. I get constant colds and chronic coughs and he's been the only doctor to be able to nail those symptoms fast. I personally recommend him to anyone who's looking for an old fashion doctor that will give you the attention you actually deserve.

Dr Abroon has been my primary for almost 20 years and has been consistent in his professional manner, attention to life details with an overall approach and open dialogue to diagnosis and treatment. I have referred him several times. His staff is equally warm and accommodating. Pat Nugent

Fantastic doctor

I have been seeing Dr Abroon for over 30 years. (My wife and daughter are also his patients). Dr. Abroon is very competent, knowledgeable, thorough, patient and friendly. If I have a problem, he will run all the necessary tests to determine the origin. He has a great network of doctors for referrals. Great staff. Appointments usually close to time scheduled. Manny

Understated, calm knowledgeable

Dr. Abroon has been my internist for some 20 years. Fortunately I've been healthy but on those occasions when I've needed his expertise and guidance he's been the perfect doctor -- he listens well, is interested in finding solutions, is not an alarmist and, when I've needed referrals he has recommended appropriate experts.

Trusted doctor for over 15 years

Dr Abroon has a great bedside manner. Very warm and friendly. He’s always interested in hearing about my life and addressing any concerns I have about my overall health and well being.

Worst Dr. Visit ever!

Never have I had a more degrading experience with a medical "professional" before. Abroon assumed that I had medical issues simply because I was overweight. After checking my blood pressure, he said: " It's good, I'm shocked". When asked "why?" he mentioned with a "duh" tone- " Because you're overweight!". To assume my health based on my appearance is not only wrong but insensitive and unprofessional. I would not recommend this "dr" to anyone nor would I go back. Patients should feel comfortable with their doctor and I felt the complete opposite.

No bedside manner

To refill a prescription I had to come into his office. I spent all of two minutes with him and was shocked when I saw he charged Medicare $175 for the visit!! I think that is absolutely unacceptable!! My previous internist never charged for refilled prescriptions.......

Dr. John Abroon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.