- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Affronti has 2 locations
1430 Tulane Ave
New Orleans, LA 70112
1415 Tulane Ave Fl 6
New Orleans, LA 70112
Book Online Now
Dr. John P Affronti has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John P Affronti has the following 13 expertise
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
33 Years Experience
- George Washington
Dr. John P Affronti Accepts the Following Insurance
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. John P Affronti
Dr. John Affronti was born in Philadelphia and grew up in Atlanta as well as Springfield Va. a suburb of Wash. D.C. While assisting with research at the NIH he obtained his Bachelor's Degree from The George Washington Univ. and a Master’s Degree in Pharmacology from the Uniformed Services Univ. of the Health Sciences. Dr. Affronti then returned to G.W.U. for his M.D. and residency where he volunteered in free clinics as well as assisted with the care of numerous dignitaries in the D.C. area. He did his GI fellowship at Duke where he conducted shockwave lithotripsy research. He also developed an expertise in treating biliary and pancreatic disorders under the supervision of Dr. Cotton and Dr. Baillie who are world renowned in this field. His training included an apprenticeship under Dr. Leung at the Prince of Whales Hospital in Hong Kong. Dr. Affronti continued at Duke as an Assistant Professor where he started/directed the endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) program. He also traveled to Saudi Arabia as a consultant in the liver transplant program at the King Faisal Hospital in Riyadh. He was then recruited to become Director of Endoscopy at The Univ. of Fla. Jacksonville Campus. While there, he was asked to be acting chief of gastroenterology and set up their first EUS program. In addition he started an off-campus GI outpatient clinic for the Univ. Dr. Affronti then became Director of Endoscopy at Emory Univ. Hosp. where he was promoted to Assoc. Prof. He also initiated and was the director of the Biliary/Pancreatic Health Service there. In 2007 he was promoted to Professor of Medicine and The Director of Advanced Endoscopy at Loyola Univ. of Chicago. He was invited to join the Medical College of Ga. in 2013 to develop the Advanced Endoscopy Program in the new Digestive Health Center being built there. As Director of the Advanced Endoscopy & Gastro-intestinal Services (A.E.G.I.S.) Group he also started the Multidisciplinary Pancreas and Bile Duct Group.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John P Affronti is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.