Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John L Albrigo has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Disorders
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Dr. Albrigo performer the Bristow procedure on my left shoulder and did arthroscopic surgery on my left knee back in the 1980's, I have had no problems with either joint since then.....that's 30 years folks!!! He is absolutely the best doc I ever had and I hope he keeps working for many more years so everyone can benefit from his greatness!
I have only had one appointment so far with Dr. Abrigo: to assess the advisability of a knee replacement. I found him personable, professional and informative. He listened well and his comments were to the point and very useful. I will be contacting him again soon as my knee is getting worse and it may well be time to do the replacement.
Dr. Albrigo did a complete knee replacement for me. He took the time to explain the procedure. His follow up care was execelent. I only had one office visit with what I would consider a long wait. All other times he was very prompt but still allowed the time spent with me to answer any questions. I plan to have him replace the other knee later this year.
Dr Albrigo is one of the finest physicians I have ever met. I first met him about 1980, when I had knee surgery to correct a condition called Osgood-Schlatter, that I had had for over 15 years. Since then, he has operated on me 10 more times (!): 3 other operations on the left knee, including knee replacement in 2006; 5 arthroscopies on the right knee, most recently in 2012; and two elbow operations to correct "tennis elbow," each in the early 1990s (he doesn't operate on elbows any more). I When I had the knee replacement surgery in 2006, when the bandages were taken off, it turned out I was had a contact allergy to latex. The knee was fine, but the calf was not. Dr. Albrigo postponed a family vacation 3 days to take care of me. What other doctor do you know that would do that? The man is a saint, as is his assistant Yvonne!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Albrigo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. John L Albrigo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnderson Orthopedic Clinic, 2445 Army Navy Dr, Arlington, VA
Dr. John L Albrigo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.