Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John R Allbert
Dr. John R Allbert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Dr. Allbert is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center. Dr. Allbert has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John R Allbert has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Dr. John R Allbert has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. John R Allbert is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Self-verified patient of Dr. John R Allbert - Posted on March 10th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. John R Allbert - Posted on March 6th, 2015
misdiagnosed a cyst as a teratoma - I had major surgery b/c his mistake
Self-verified patient of Dr. John R Allbert - Posted on July 21st, 2013
When I was pregnant with my last child, Dr. John Albert was referred to me as a high-risk OB/GYN and I went to his office for a high-risk ultrasound. He told me I had an ovarian teratoma in my right ovary and that it would need to be removed either when I delivered (if by c-section) or sometime after the baby was born. He sent the tests and results and recommendations to my doctor. Turns out he misdiagnosed me. I only had a tiny cyst that was not at all a problem. My doctor went off this "specialists" expert opinion. I almost bled to death because of a complication during the surgery. That would not have happened if he had not misdiagnosed me. I would not have "gone under the knife" had it not been for his expert recommendation.
Competent and caring physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. John R Allbert - Posted on September 21st, 2012
I cannot say enough about how Dr. Allbert saved the life of my unborn daughter. He is one of the most competent and caring physicians I have ever encountered, in any area of medicine. He is truly one of the best doctors in Charlotte and beyond. He takes no decision lightly, and the fact that he cares deeply for his patients, both mother and child, shines through in every encounter.
highly recommend dr. allbert
Self-verified patient of Dr. John R Allbert - Posted on October 10th, 2009
Dr. Allbert not only saved my life, but he saved the lives of my children. I first met him during my first pregnancy in an emergency situation. He made the call to deliver my son and consequently his decision saved both of our lives. I went back to him again during my second pregnancy, this time with twins! He was wonderful the entire time and gave me hope for a better outcome this time. With his advice and encouragement, we all made it to term! He was even there at the hospital checking in on me before and after the babies were born. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever been to. I would recommend him to anyone - he is the best!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Allbert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1986
Dr. John R Allbert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPRESBYTERIAN MATERNAL FETAL MEDICAL, 1718 E 4th St Ste 404, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John R Allbert, MD - Maternal and Fetal Medicine in Charlotte, NC, in this video.
Dr. John R Allbert is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.