The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John Amberg
Dr. John Amberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Amberg is affiliated with Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center and Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Amberg has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. John Amberg has the following 2 expertise
Dr. John Amberg has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Amberg is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. John Amberg yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Amberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center
Sharp Memorial Hospital
Promise Hospital San Diego
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Health System
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UCSD Med Center La Jolla
UCSD Med Center Hillcrest
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
37 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. John Amberg accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & Directions8745 Aero Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. John Amberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.