Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John W Anagnost
Dr. John W Anagnost, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, NC. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Anagnost is affiliated with New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Dr. Anagnost has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John W Anagnost has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John W Anagnost has the following 18 expertise
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Lung Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Preventive Medicine
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. John W Anagnost has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 23
have been seeing Dr. A. for almost 2 1/2 years as my local oncologist. I have had my surgeries at Duke but wanted a Doctor who would be closer and Dr. Morse recommended Dr. Anaganost. Like very much from our first meeting.....not a gloom and doom person and neither am I. Very supportive and works with Dr. Morse and myself to figure the best treatment for my cancers. Would recommend Dr. A. to any of my friends without any hesitation.
This doctor acted arrogant towards my pharmacist, which reflects back to me because I'm the one who asked them to call. But most of all this doctor was arrogant and refused to apologize to me when speaking directly on the phone with him.My recommendation is to stay away from this doctor. There are other doctors in this practice that are wonderful. He is not.
Gives no false hopes, straight forward with accurate plan of care. Gave my husband hope , kept him healthy, and gave him a great quality of life where we thought there was no hope. An excellent bedside manner and comfort giver with no false hopes.I recommend him as the first line of care based on the care he have my husband with stage IV colon cancer.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Anagnost is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1978
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. John W Anagnost accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCape Fear Cancer Specialists, 1520 Physicians Dr Bldg O, Wilmington, NC
Dr. John W Anagnost is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.