Dr. Andary is the go to physician if you need a really good doctor and excellent surgeon. I presented him with a very difficult situation (multiple areas that needed to be repaired). I am able to use my arm again. I never had to wait; I went into the office twice just to ask a couple of questions and he saw me, talked with me and gave me recommendations! Sure don't experience that very often.

Good surgeon, not the best bedside manner.

Dr. Andary came highly recommended from a family member who has had multiple joint replacement surgeries with him. He seems very competent and knowledgeable, but his bedside manner is lacking. I had heard this from other people who have dealt with him and found it to be true in my experience as well. I personally wish he had spent a little more time diagnosing with questions and conversation about symptoms, pain, etc associated with my injury. I think he did a good job on my surgery, but I would have liked additional help and information about how to deal with collateral muscle, tendon, nerve damage and pain. After my surgery I heard him comment about me being a "big girl" to a nurse, and after my most recent follow up appointment, 4 weeks after surgery, he freaked out about my range of motion not being very good yet and accused me of not doing the exercises he told me to do. He didn't ask anything about my pain levels or why I wasn't able to achieve better extension, instead berated me to the point of tears about not doing my exercises--which I have been doing. Overall, he is probably a great surgeon, but don't expect a lot of time and concern on your behalf.

John L Andary is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Idaho Falls, ID.