Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John A Arledge MD
Dr. John A Arledge, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carrollton, GA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Arledge has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John A Arledge has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. John A Arledge - Posted on January 14th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. John A Arledge - Posted on October 8th, 2015
Dr. Arledge is a great doctor and his staff with the exception of one is great as well! I was referred to him by a different doctor and I was a little nervous about going to a new doctor but I was very pleased after my first appointment. I've only had to wait for more than about 15 minutes once and the staff is always very friendly with me. He gets things done, wants to help his patients, spends a good amount of time with each patient, truly listens to all of your concerns, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He's also funny and a little bit goofy, which I like in a doctor because it eases the tone. I recommend him to anyone who is having and Gastro problems!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John A Arledge - Posted on November 12th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. John A Arledge - Posted on October 16th, 2012
More interested in testing than treatingNo call back after telling a member of his staff I was still having problems when she called with tests results. She said she would talk to him and call me back. It has now been now been four days.The staff member who scheduled my test took over an hour to do something that should have taken 10-15 minutes at the most. The other girl took care of two other people while she was trying to do mine and it wasn't complicated.
Great Staff and Excellent Physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. John A Arledge - Posted on December 22nd, 2011
17 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. John A Arledge Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. John A Arledge
Dr. Arledge is a graduate of the University of Virginia with a B.S. degree in Biology. He completed medical school at the Medical College of Virginia. He completed his residency at the Medical College of Virginia and his fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of South Florida. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is also a Flight Surgeon rank of Major in the Georgia Air National Guard Savannah. Dr. Arledge joined West Georgia Gastroenterology Associates in September 2008.
Locations & DirectionsWEST GEORGIA GASTROENTEROLOGY, 157 Clinic Ave Ste 201, Carrollton, GA
Dr. John A Arledge is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Carrollton, GA.