Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Armitage
Dr. John M Armitage, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, OR. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery). Dr. Armitage has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Armitage has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
Dr. John M Armitage has the following 5 expertise
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Lung Transplantation
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
Dr. John M Armitage has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. John M Armitage is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 13
Being somewhat of a physical fitness fanatic all my life I was surprised by the severe case of angina that landed me in the hospital at age 60. Following a battery of tests, it was determined that the arteries to my heart were about 90 % clogged. Early the very next morning I was the recipient of a triple bypass CABG. Dr. Armitage did an excellent job. I was on my feet the day following surgery, walking the halls the second day and went home only 75 hours after the triple bypass. It's been two years since that experience and I am grateful to Dr. Armitage for these last two wonderful years.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. John M Armitage accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHeart Associates Of Oregon, 960 16th St Ste 304, Springfield, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Armitage in this video.
Dr. John M Armitage is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, OR.