Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Arthur has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 5 of 26
Went to see this doctor for kidney donor evaluation. Saw another doctor first and then he came in. I wanted to have enough time to ask him questions. After all, I am considering a surgery I don't need for myself. However, he really did not have accurate statistics to quote and I left feeling very unsure about the whole thing. Where are you, Dr. Marcus Welby?
Dr. Arthur usually works with residents or fellows (he must be so important that he rarely does anything himself) so what he decides to do really depends on how good and thorough his assistants are. Unfortunately, his underlings are quite mistake-prone and I don't trust them. Dr. Arthur rarely will question their accuracy.
28 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. John M Arthur accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Arkansas Medical Center, 4301 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR
Dr. John M Arthur is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.