Dr. John Austin Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John Austin?

So kind ( :

Posted on February 20th, 2017

Dr. Austin has been so wonderful! I tell all of my family and friends about him.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on October 24th, 2016

My son and my husband have both been patients of Dr. Austin's. He is fantastic! We highly recommend him.

Worst ENT in Austin

Posted on July 12th, 2016

Dr. Austin is probably the worst ENT in Austin, ironically enough. Spends less than five minutes with you each appointment, orders countless unnecessary tests, and then tells you he has CRS syndrome (Can't Remember ****) as a passing joke. Not funny, Dr. Austin. I went to Dr. Austin for a mass in the masseter muscle of my left jaw. I was told at first that "faces aren't completely congruent." Yeah, thanks Dr. Austin, I never knew. You'd think a doctor would trust that their patient is familiar with their own body. I've only had it, y'know, my whole life. After an inconclusive biopsy Dr. Austin basically dismissed me, telling me there was no way to operate on it because he feared severing a major nerve in my face and that face paralyzation wasn't a fair trade. I took his word when I really shouldn't have, given all the bad signs, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. A few years later and the mass has steadily grown and caused all sorts of discomfort on a daily basis. I finally went to see another ENT for a second opinion. He told me that he was very concerned this mass could be lymphoma and it has every possibility of being lymphoma even if the last biopsy was inconclusive. Thanks, Dr. Austin, for never even mentioning the possibility of lymphoma or even saying the word cancer once during our visits. If I had known then this would have been prioritized in a major way. Not only was Dr. Austin completely uncaring about my health, he also just gave me totally false information. According to my new ENT surgery is totally possible and the nerve that Dr. Austin was worried about can be easily avoided. Dr. Austin is stupid, lazy, and frankly needs to go back to medical school and get his degree again. The man shouldn't be allowed to practice.

Awesome doc

Posted on June 29th, 2016

I thought Dr. Austin was super thorough and helped identify my issue and then treated me using balloon sinuplasty within the same week. I'm finally feeling like myself again! No more face pain!!

Highly recommended!

Posted on May 24th, 2016

Great doctor! If I was in Seattle I would've had to wait for months to even get into see an ENT of his calibre. After I got my CT scan it was a week wait . He fit me right in. I lam feeling very happy with results. what surprised me is the fact that he keeps calling me in person.I would leave a message for the medical assistant and at other doctors offices either it would not be returned or no one would really care. I called the Austin office and he was not there but they were trying to look for what I was looking for. He personally called me on the other line and took care of me right away even though he was in the Roundrock office . There was a little bit await at the downtown office visit but definitely reasonable.I saw him next at the Lakeway location and there is absolutely no wait. His medical assistant was also extremely nice and organized. One thing I would suggest if you're having surgery at Bailey's surgery centre, check all the paperwork that is put in front of you. I had a large discrepancy in my co-pay amount . Even though I had called and spoke to someone for an hour and a trying to make them understand my insurance. 80/20, not that complicated.so I thought it had all figured out sign the papers it yet again it's at least $1000 above what it should've been. so I thought it had all figured out sign the papers it yet again it's at least $1000 above what it should've been so I am supposed to sign The statement with the incorrect about . she said it's correct in the computer. So everything is fine. Good Lord so it's OK on the computer but what I'm actually signing is Wrong and I will be on the hook for the remainder? Umm, no. But dr Austin has nothing to do with those mistakes. So to summarize, are used to work with doctors and surgeons all the time I have a great amount of respect for his bedside manner and also for his surgical credentials . Another way to find out what kind of guy he is asked to nurses, they all love him. Most nurses I know would let you know if they did not.

Waste of money and time

Posted on July 15th, 2015

I have seen doctor Austin approximately 4 times over the past year when I began developing vocal nodules. He scoped my throat 2 times to look at the nodules (an expensive procedure) but when I went in to see him today for a follow up I asked him if he could tell me if the nodules were decreasing or going away so that I could validate whether the therapies I've tried are working and he said that he couldn't tell because he didn't write down any measurements during the last 2 scopes and didn't have any pictures or notes. He states "well you sound better and you feel better so I guess they are getting better" he could not give me a definitive answer to any of my questions and gave me no direction as to what to do next. If you are looking for a doctor who truly cares about you and really puts effort into his job then Dr. Austin is not the one for you. I have wasted hundreds of dollars on him and now have to start all over with a new ENT.

someone needs to set this awful man straight

Posted on March 26th, 2015

This is without a doubt the worst person practicing medicine that you will ever encounter. He should hide in a lab somewhere and never be allowed to interact with other human beings. He is rude, condescending, short, arrogant, robotic, and completely unsympathetic. Has no interest in listening to what your problems are or what you are experiencing and simply wants to get you in and out. I would have loved to give him a reality check and bring him back down to Earth but I know it wouldn't make a difference because this man is passed saving at this point. Stay away from him and his misery.

Tick

Posted on May 16th, 2012

Completely missed finding a tick in my ear. Dr. Austin would be my very last choice in a doctor.

Unprofessional

Posted on April 5th, 2012

Dr. Austin skipped out on two scheduled appointments. When he did show up for the appointment, he only looked at the chart, not at the patient. He was rude, and flippant in responding about symptoms. I would not recommend Dr. Austin.

Find Another Doctor

Posted on March 2nd, 2012

Went to Dr. Austin for sinus pain and vertigo. He checked out my ears, nose and throat and then sent me to get xrays of my sinuses. When they came back clear, he said, "I don't know what to tell you about your symptoms."

Incompetent, Petulant, a Nightmare

Posted on September 15th, 2011

Posted on September 2nd, 2011

Needs to listen to patient...