Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John C Avanzato MD
Dr. John C Avanzato, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seneca Falls, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John C Avanzato has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John C Avanzato has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. John C Avanzato - Posted on January 8th, 2019
Dr. A is the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. John C Avanzato - Posted on September 19th, 2012
My first time ever going to this type of specialist. I had an upper endoscopy and I don't really remember a thing, including meeting Dr. Avanzato for the first time during the procedure, but in my follow up visit, he remembered everything we had talked about. He is hilarious, and made me feel comfortable. He also spent way more time explaining my condition to me than any other doctor ever has, and made sure all my questions were answered. He's great!
34 Years Experience
- Suny Buffalo
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. John C Avanzato Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Excellus BluePPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAUBURN GASTROENTEROLOGY, 24 State St, Seneca Falls, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Avanzato, MD - Gastroenterology in Seneca Falls, NY, in this video.
Dr. John C Avanzato is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Seneca Falls, NY.