Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Levine has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
Consistantly keeps you waiting 35-45 minutes. To compensate, he will have an intern give "computer testing" or a social worker sit there and ask the child if he/she is getting bullied or if you want her to call the school about tutoring etc... (but never actually does). Likes to push the medications and will "think out loud" on other ones that can be given. Never really comes to any conclusions.
He needs to seek help himself! Only made situation worse with teen. Pushes meds and think they will solve everything. Still not feeling wonderful? Take more of this or lets add another med to the list. As a psychiatrist he should know that there needs to be counseling in addition to the meds and effort needs to be put into changing behaviors for the patient. DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO SEE HIM!!!!
21 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1997
Dr. John B Levine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTricounty Medical Associates Inc, 229 E Main St, Milford, MA
Dr. John B Levine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milford, MA.