Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Marshall has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John B Marshall has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Dr. John B Marshall is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
If you need a gastroenterologist look no further, Dr. Marshall is THE best!!! When my wife was hospitalized with chronic, idiopathic pancreatitis due to a botched surgical procedure at The Clinic, Dr. Marshall took her case. Because I was taking care of her, he asked me to go step by step, detailing what would happen. He spent two hours straight asking me questions to clarify for him exactly what would occur. It was only because the cafeteria was closing, and I hadn't eaten all day, we stopped for a little break. He made it clear I was a part of her treatment team, just as much as he was. Despite being very close to semi-retirement, he still consulted with a physician who specialized in just pancreatic problems to make absolutely sure he was treating her with the most up-to-date medical information possible. He was extremely compassionate. He explained in great detail what we could expect to happen and why. He made sure she was comfortable, as comfortable as you can be in the troughs of pancreatitis. Throughout a period of five years, my wife was hospitalized over thirty times, and Dr. Marshall was there every step of the way, not just as a physician, but as a kind, sympathetic man. He was an "old school" physician. When he hit the floor even the nurses smiled. As anyone who spends time in the hospital knows, the nurses know about each and every doctor. They never had anything but praise for him, and neither do I.
Metrohealth Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCleveland Center For Bariatric, 2322 E 22nd St Ste 208, Cleveland, OH
Dr. John B Marshall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.