Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Monaco has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John B Monaco has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Breast Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
Dr. John B Monaco is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went to this OBGYN for years, and I had our son with this group. He kept asking me if I was "eating Burger King", when I gained weight while pregnant. He out right, called me "fat", instead of perhaps ordering a TSH test. That would have been the answer, because my thyroid went kaput in 1991. I read it in a magazine, and took the article to a specialist, who figured out, what they both missed. The office of John Monaco, gave another OBGYN's counsel, a fake phone message, that is not in my file, because I paid to get my own records, and it was not in there. It was all part of, "lets taint her character", by making it appear, she has "an axe to grind" That is the exact language used, when this "note" came up. Truth is the best defense to libel, so I'm good~
Dr Monaco spends an hour or more per visit and is extremely knowledgeable in the areas of anti-aging, hormones, and functional medicine. I'm an out of state patient who has multiple complicated health issues, but Dr Monaco has improved my life significantly through bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and nutraceutical supplements. He monitors my hormones and nutritional levels so that his care is tailored to my body's needs. I have had problems with the staff being disorganized, but they have always been pleasant.
While Dr. Monaco may understand the medical side of treating patients I will never visit this office again. His office staff, while improved in the past few months, are totally unprofessional and unhelpful. The office side of this practice is a mess. I had to complete a large batch of bloodwork and never received so much as a follow up phone call about the results. I called to get a prescription refilled and the Dr. commented that it was a a low dose. I said yes, you prescribed it and haven't adjusted the dose despite having the current test results. The doctor sticks to what he thinks is best rather than listening to his patients.
Dr. Monaco treated me for 17 years and delivered 2 of my children. He performed a hysterectomy on me in 2005 that he botched, cutting a large hole in my bladder and then lied to me and my husband about how the error occurred. We just recently discovered his deceipt after requesting medical records from the hospital. He also failed to report the adverse event to the hospital and Dept. of Public Health which had a mandatory reporting for this type of injury.
40 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. John B Monaco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Pauls Medical Group, 4230 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John B Monaco in this video.
Dr. John B Monaco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.