Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Reed has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Pain
- Retina Surgery
- Lasik Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Retinal Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I was referred to Dr. Reed by an opthamologist who suggested I see a Retinal Specialist for an eye issue I was having. Dr. Reed has been the only doctor to treat this eye condition for the past 5 years. He may seem rushed, but he will certainly spend time with you explaining everything. He has helped me out with medication financially, and saved my vision in one eye.There are waits many times for your appointment. If you have a 10am appointment, you may not actually get seen until 10:30. Bothersome until you realize why. If you have an eye emergency, they see you that day. I've actually had to do that a handful of times. You aren't pushed off on another day, or told to call back to see if someone cancels, they will find a way to fit you in. That alone is something I've never seen any other doctor do, ever.Retinal Consultants, of which Dr. Reed is a doctor of, has many locations around the Sacramento/Northern California area, so odds are, there is one close to you. The staff has always been kind and courteous, except one person who wasn't working there the next month I went in, showing they actually do listen to patient complaints (was told that they had too many complaints). If you need a retinal specialist, I highly recommend Dr. Reed. And if he isn't available there is a staff of like 6 or 8 other specialists who can assist you as well.
Dr. Reed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. John B Reed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRetinal Consultants Medical Group, 3939 J St Ste 106, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John B Reed in this video.
Dr. John B Reed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.