Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Babalola has the following 1 specialty
Dr. John A Babalola has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. John A Babalola has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I had two consultations with this doctor for a sports hernia. 1st time he was in a rush and told me I had umbilical hernia which wasn't bulging or hurting.So he said I need triple hernia mesh.2 by my groin each side plus the umbilical.Then he scheduled me for surgery in 10 days and I needed medical clearance. Which was a battery of test blood work stress test etc.This actually takes time .Had to reschedule Went in for a second consultation and he was rude was very condescending. Made fun of my questions about the surgery to my body.insisted I need umbilical hernia operation even tho a second doctor said no.Then told me the hospital will call me the day before with all details.Hospital called late Friday afternoon and left a voice mail to show up Monday 6am bring ID.No room number no info very unprofessional. I called to cancel my procedure not comfortable with this doctor or his staff.Then he calls my house Sunday speaks to my wife demanding to know why I cancelled all rude!! Go somewhere else!!
This guy was in a rush to get out of the room from the moment he entered. He was rude, condescending and he even mocked me. When I was asking questions he said he already answered about 10 of my questions and has other patients to see. Not very reassuring when you have to go under the knife. I would recommend another Dr. Someone who will take the time you need to feel comfortable.
At first appt. Dr.Babalola was very kind. He introduced himself with a smile and went on to examine via questioning and palpating(gallbladder issues). He was very honest and explained what should happen and what could happen. Afterwards he asked if I had any questions or concerns, which I had a bunch, he took his time with me and answered every question I had thoroughly and honestly. Very pleased and comfortable.
The ease of scheduling an appointment is wonderful. However, during the appointment I spent more time waiting to see the doctor. Dr Babalola is very unprofessional. He speaks very low, doesn't answer questions clearly and is always in a hurry. When I had additional questions for him before a scheduled procedure he was annoyed, rude and actually yelled at me. He made me feel very uncomfortable. I would not recommend seeing this doctor if you have a condition that requires follow up visits.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1996
Dr. John A Babalola accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvantage Care Physicians, 350 S Broadway, Hicksville, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Babalola in this video.
Dr. John A Babalola is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hicksville, NY.