Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John L Banks has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Adolescent Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Banks is the most honest, caring physician I have ever encountered. He spends time with you, explains things in an understandable manner and follows up his reasoning with reliable resources. He keeps up to date on all the latest technology and has a broad range of knowledge and expertise. I trust him with my life.
I have been going to Dr. Banks a few years now. A diffrent thing he does is when you show up for your appointment, you go right back to the room and wait there as long as your not really really early. The staff is very friendly and happy to see a paitent. Very personable and work very hard. I wish more doctors and offices ran like his.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. John L Banks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John L Banks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Rapids, IA.