Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Bartels
Dr. John Bartels, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coatesville, PA, with another office in Thorndale, PA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bartels is affiliated with Jennersville Regional Hospital, Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr and Brandywine Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Bartels has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Showing 2 of 2
First off his waiting room consists of 2 chairs, and is about the size of a janitors closet. During one appointment we were forced to sit on the floor, lie on the floor lean against the wall, literally inches from other patients, meanwhile we all have infectious diseases. He's not very knowledgeable, but does appear to care and want to help, but offers no solutions other then time. He told me that I had a horrible disease (based off blood work) and that there was no treatment, but in time it would cure itself. He didn't mention the name of it, when I consulted with another doctor about the blood work I was told I was fine.
Dr. Bartels is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jennersville Regional Hospital
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Riddle Memorial Hospital
Main Line Hospital Paoli
Paoli Hospital - On staff since 2008
31 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1982
Dr. John Bartels accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Bartels in this video.
Dr. John Bartels is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coatesville, PA.