Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Baska
Dr. John Baska, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beaver, PA, with another office in Beaver, PA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Baska is affiliated with Heritage Valley The Medical Center of Beaver, Beaver and Heritage Valley Beaver. He speaks English.
Dr. John Baska has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Baska diagnosed my father's cancer of the primary bile duct spot on during his first examination. When dad was in the hospital Dr Baska would call me daily and took a good bit of time explaining to me the situations and our options. I was nothing but impressed with his ability and professionalism. He went above and beyond anything I expected relative to the time he spent with my family.
Dr. Baska is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Heritage Valley The Medical Center of Beaver
Heritage Valley Beaver
Kindred Hospital Heritage Valley
Sewickley Valley Hospital
43 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1974
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. John Baska accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Baska in this video.
Dr. John Baska is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaver, PA.