Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Bastian
Dr. John Bastian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Pediatrics. Dr. Bastian is affiliated with Children's Hospital - San Diego, Grossmont Hospital and Children's Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Bastian has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Coronary Aneurysm
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndromes
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Bastian has been my son's only allergist since the age of four, he is now going on eighteen. During this time, he has come in regularly to see Dr. Bastian and his care has been consistently excellent, by the doctor himself or one of the Physician Assistants. Because of our excellent experience we have had all these years, when our younger son needed to be seen by an allergist we did not hesitate in deciding to schedule an appointment to see Dr. Bastian. We highly this team recommend to all.
I like doctor Bastian because he has taken care of my Asthmas symptoms. After going to so many doctors in the IV and Mexicali for my allergic and Asthma problems, he is the only one who really helped me to breath better and live with this disease...Now, I can run, jump, laugh, and even sing with no difficulties in breathing. Thank you Dr. Bastian I hope you will be here El Centro and help other kids like me.
Dr. Bastian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Hospital - San Diego
Children's Health Center
UC San Diego Health System
Sharp Memorial Hospital
Grossmont District Hospital
36 Years Experience
Rush Medical College
Graduated in 1977
Dr. John Bastian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRady Children's Hospital San Diego, 3020 Childrens Way, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Bastian in this video.
Dr. John Bastian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.