Dr. John Behm Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Behm?

What you should be looking for in a Doctor.

Posted on February 16th, 2015

Dr Behm is everything you should look for in a Doctor, yeah of course he is busy... but some people have more questions then others, might have different needs and answers that require levels of explanation. I read some of the reviews about Dr. Behm, and I thought to myself... what if I was a doctor? I imagine I would take my time, and explain what is happening to the most important thing in my life. My Life.

Posted on August 1st, 2012

Dr Behm is a wonderful physician: kind, caring, knowledgable and patient. I would recommend him to anyone. BUT, he needs to get a new staff of medical assistants. (Yhey are not nurses or nurse practitioners). I have yet to encounter one that was warm and welcoming. In my experiences, I have found them to be rude and condescending and not as knowledgable as they pretend to be.

Posted on April 30th, 2012

Dr. Behm is an amazing diagnostician! He WILL figure out what is wrong with you, develop a comprehensive treatment plan, and loving hold you hand through every step! Some of his staff, however, leave much to be desired! I was put on hold for over 12 minutes today ~ I would have preferred that the front desk person let me go to voice mail so I could leave a message. Over the years she has been frustrating to deal with ~ so much so that I have WANTED to leave Dr. Behm, but my husband reminded me that SHE does not care for us, Dr. Behm does.....Some of the nurses have a now-it-all attitude and are challenging to communicate with....but I have had only top-of-the-line experiences with Dr. Behm.

Posted on September 27th, 2011

1. Earlier this year, Dr. Behm diagnosed my 76 year old mother-in-law with Parkinson's disease. He came to this conclusion, not with bloodwork, imaging or other testing, but because her hands shake occasionally and he literally bent her arm at the elbow and diagnosed her. Rather than refer her to a specialist, he prescribed an anti-Parkinson's medication which did nothing but make her nauseous. She sought out a second opinion from a neurologist and does not, in fact, have Parkinson's.2. My mother-in-law is also a diabetic, and even though she sees an endocrinologist, he insists on managing her insulin medication. She went from an oral medication, to a insulin pen and then to two insulin pens. A recent visit to her endocrinologist showed that her insulin numbers were over 500.3. Because of her high insulin numbers, my mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital to manage her diabetes. Dr. Behm was on call the weekend that she was in the hospital and was unavailable almost all weekend. Apparently one of his office staff did not turn off the phones correctly so the answering service was never forwarded any calls. My mother-in-law couldn't even get Tylenol for a headache because it wasn't ordered on her chart and Dr. Behm could not be reached to have him order it. 4. She was in the hospital for four days before her endocrinologist was called in to consult. Up to that point she was on a sliding scale of insulin and her diet was not restricted at all. She also has high blood pressure but it only took two days for the cardiologist to be called in. In both instances, it was my wife calling the office multiple times, asking, practically pleading and demanding, for the specialists to consult. The results of the consults were the endocrinologist adjusted her insulin and put her on a diabetic diet for the remaining time she was in the hospital and the cardiologist changed two of her medications completely. Dr. Behm is a very kind man and a competant general practicioner. In the past he has been very attentive and helped our family out many times, but he needs to understand that he cannot and should not manage all aspects of his patients' medical issues. Unfortunately, with this most recent series of incidents, combined with some incidents with his office staff in the past, we will be seeking a new primary care physician.

Posted on September 19th, 2011

I like Dr. Behm - he's thoughtful and knowledgeable and treats me like an intelligent adult, providing good information and realistic treatment suggestions. However, I have had numerous issues with his office staff. I cannot count on them to get back to me with lab test results when they say they will, or phone in refills to the pharmacy in a timely manner. They'll set up an appointment for me and then call me to change it, or not tell me until I arrive that I'll be seeing the PA instead of the doctor. They're all friendly enough, but they are disorganized and not as professional as I would like. It's frustrating dealing with them.

Competent Physician

Posted on April 11th, 2011

The staff is courteous, and always pleasant. They do not act like they are doing you a favor. Dr. Behm has the patience of a Saint. He takes time to listen to you, and does not speak in a condescending manner. He would be my first recommendation to anyone seeking a competent physician.

Disappointed patient

Posted on August 6th, 2009

Dr. Behm is an OK guy and would be happy if he was my neighbor, just not my doctor. Dr. Behm lack some critical clinical skills and treated me for MANY years for a condition that was wrong. Too bad for me that I did not get another opinion sooner. The good news is that I did and left his practice.Have issues with the quality of his staff and their competence. Maybe Dr. Behm should pay more attention to when his staff opens his office. Have had to wait outside the door for an 8:00 a.m. appointment waiting for someone to arrive and turn on the lights.

Compassionate and Caring Physician

Posted on January 21st, 2009

Dr. Behm is a very professional, compassionate, caring and skilled physician. I was a patient for 5 years and recently had to move out of state. I would recommend him to anyone.

Best there is

Posted on December 28th, 2008

What can I say... Been seeing this doctor for 15 years since he was outof med school. He is the best there is. I would nominate him for the Nobel prise if I could. Bedside manner is number 1 and knowledge cannot be beat.

Posted on February 10th, 2017