Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John L Benedum
Dr. John L Benedum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with another office in Charlotte, NC. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Benedum is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center and Carolinas Medical Center Pineville. Dr. Benedum has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John L Benedum has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John L Benedum has the following 11 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
- Heart Diseases
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 6
A great Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Benedum - Posted on February 25th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Benedum - Posted on February 23rd, 2012
He has been my primary physican for over 25 years. He is the best. He never rushes you, he actually listens to people.Very professional with a great bedside manner. I have told him often that God certainly placed him in the right place in life, because he is a wonderful physician.His patients have certainly received all of that blessing.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Benedum - Posted on February 20th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Benedum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. John L Benedum accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John L Benedum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.