Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John A Bergfeld
Dr. John A Bergfeld, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH, with another office in Strongsville, OH. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Bergfeld is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation. Dr. Bergfeld has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Bergfeld has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John A Bergfeld has the following 21 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Spinal Arthritis (Spondylarthritis)
- Ankle Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Instability
- Knee Injuries
Dr. John A Bergfeld is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
When I was experiencing severe knee cartilage loss my HMO doctor said that at age 49 they wouldn't do a total knee replacement until I was at least 55. Having gone through a series of treatments over a year and half already, I felt that was a long time to wait in constant pain. I switched my coverage and found Dr. Bergfeld. He performed my first knee replacement and my second one 6 years later. From the start, I liked that he was straightforward (in a good way) of my diagnosis and in answering my questions. My follow-ups were at a CCF satellite office where he never rushed me through. The wait there was 10 to maybe 20 minutes and the office staff are among the best. The way I look at it, if I wasn't pleased with Dr. Bergfeld after the first surgery, I sure wouldn't have gone back to him for the second one!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Bergfeld is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Temple University School Of Medicine
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. John A Bergfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Bergfeld in this video.
Dr. John A Bergfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.