Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Bick III has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 6
I've never been treated so rudely by any physician. He didn't care about my opinions of my condition and always seemed to treat me like I was trying to scam him for drugs. The one time I needed to use the urgent message line when there was a problem with my prescription I didn't hear back until 4 more calls and 3 days later. By then my rx withdrawal symptoms were so bad I was in the ER. I never felt like he once cared or respected me and loathed my visits. Fortunately, since my work schedule has changed I can now go see a more competent psychiatrist.
I laughed when I read the review given above. I've seen Dr. Bick for about 4 years. Dr. Bick is primarily a psycho-pharmacologist, not a therapist. However, because he was trained in therapy, I find he often engages in therapeutic discussions. There are only 1.5 staff members, a receptionist and a part-time biller.
52 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. John W Bick III accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBehavior Therapy Center, 3705 Coliseum St, New Orleans, LA
Dr. John W Bick III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.