Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Birk has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Clinical Research
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 3 of 3
I have barretts esophagus and take prescription pills daily prescribed by another gastro doctor for 6 years. He told me to "go on a pill vacation" without ever seeing my records and said take pepcid if I am not well and have aspirin daily which is better for me. I called a few days later in agony and he never returned my several calls though I told his staff I was in a lot of pain. He never called me. He is dangerous and should not practice medicine.
Dr. Birk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1986
Dr. John W Birk accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John W Birk in this video.
Dr. John W Birk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, CT.