Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Birkhoff
Dr. John Birkhoff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Birkhoff is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia, New York Presbyterian / Westchester and NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell. He speaks English.
Dr. John Birkhoff has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. John Birkhoff has the following 6 expertise
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Kidney Stones (Nephrocalcinosis)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urologic Cancer
Dr. John Birkhoff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Birkhoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
44 Years Experience
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Birkhoff in this video.
Dr. John Birkhoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.