Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John D Blaha has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I chose Dr Blaha because of he was one of the few doctors in this country (at that time) that was trained in hip resurfacing. When I met with him, he sat right down and drew a picture of what hip resurfacing would do to my hip and I could see immediately that it was not for me. He said he could replace the hip the conventional way but that was up to me, I felt no pressure to have it done. However, with the experiences I had with 2 previous orthopedic doctors, I felt confidant I had found the right doctor and scheduled the surgery. After surgery I swore I would never go through another but after PT and a few months of NO pain, I scheduled the other hip for the next year. Dr Blaha always took time with me, answered all my questions, had a great bedside manner and the follow-up appointments were always within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
I had my knee surgery in 2004. To this day I am in pain more often than not. When I see the doctor they basically tell me that mechanically there is nothing wrong so this is as good as it gets. When a patient ends up in more pain after a major surgery like partial knee replacement surgery they do not want to hear that their pain level is never going to be less than 7 or 8 on a scale of 10. This doctor is condescending, arrogant and one actually is allowed to be in his presence for all if five minutes if you are lucky. How this minute amount of time affords him the ability to determine whether my pain level is normal is beyond me. If given the option of having the surgery again, I definitely would not do it. I am unable to shop for groceries for more than ten to fifteen minutes per trip before the pain is intractable and I must leave. Tell me thar is normal? No way!
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Blaha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1973
Dr. John D Blaha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. John D Blaha is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.