Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John J Braswell
Dr. John J Braswell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Braswell is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center. Dr. Braswell has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Braswell has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. John J Braswell has the following 8 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Wounds and Injuries
Dr. John J Braswell has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John J Braswell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
After an absolutely horrific experience with another pain management doctor in Baton Rouge, Dr. Braswell was a welcomed change. He is very kind, understanding, and most of all his diagnosis was accurate when the other doctor completely missed something. His staff is prompt to return calls and they are kind as well. When you are in terrible pain, they make things so much better.
I trust him & he was always good to me, the whole staff. I dont see him anymore, I got very ill on a non related issue, so I missed a appointment. When I was able I tried calling them & no one would talk to me. But Im living with the daily Chronic pain. No one else is sticking my back, I hope to see Dr Braswell again.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Braswell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. John J Braswell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSpine Diagnostic And Pain Treatment Center, 5408 Flanders Dr, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John J Braswell in this video.
Dr. John J Braswell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.