Dr. J Brooks Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. J Brooks?

Not Very Caring.....

Posted on September 9th, 2014

I saw Dr. Brooks, he is compentant doctor but seemed stand-offish, and uncaring, he never looked at me while I was in his office, had his back to me while he made his diagnois, left instructions and just left--also my mom could not get appointment with any doctor there because "He does not accept Medicare" but my mom could see the nurse, and his office person Michelle is the one who told me this. The assistants are really nice but I am going elsewhere...

One-on-One Care

Posted on May 19th, 2011

Dr. Brooks is thorough, compasionate, and has a wonderful sense of humor to put a patient at ease. He explains his reasons for follow-up testing, but also explains what symptoms can mean. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Brooks as my physician, and recommend him without hesitation.

Great Practice!

Posted on May 13th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Brooks and his staff for the past four years. Dr. Brooks is very caring and explains in detail what is going on with your health. He is very personal and I have never felt that he is rushing my appointment. Overall he is a great family doctor.

Great Family Doctor

Posted on May 8th, 2011

I have found Dr. Brooks to be a wonderful family doctor. I am shocked by the two mediocre reviews I read, maybe negative experiences invoke a need to strike back. I have always found short waits, courteous staff, given more than adequate attention. I fact, I have wondered how can he spend as much time on one patient and still have such short waits.

Mostly Mediocre

Posted on March 12th, 2011

Some of the office staff are curt and treat you like YOU should know all of their "office policies". I got attitude for "not having seen the doctor in 2 years", and like a jealous lover asked "are you seeing someone else?". Sometimes we refer to him as Dr. Refer-All, other times wWe call him Dr. Moody as you never know if he'll be friendly and helpful, or hurried and almost disinterested. The doctor seems to have some power and control issues, which I suspect is why there are so many office policies, some of which are completely nonsensical and definitely patient unfriendly. We are consumers, so vote with your feet and use them to go to another doctor! He is still better than the last practice I went to in Calvert County, but mediocre is not adequate for primary care.

Refused testing

Posted on March 12th, 2011

This doctor refused to test my child for lyme. Finally after 9 months we get the diagnosis. It took several years to treat, with much suffering. Typical Calvert County cover up of Lyme. Typical Dr. Brooks. Gee Doc, she had the classic symptoms. You should be ashamed.

Posted on June 8th, 2015