Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Brooks Jr
Dr. John Brooks Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Brooks is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. Dr. Brooks has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John Brooks Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Brooks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. John Brooks Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Consultants Of Virginia, 255 W Bute St, Norfolk, VA
Dr. John Brooks Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.