Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Brothers has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John A Brothers has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. John A Brothers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Brothers is wonderful. He listens to you and allows you to express your opinions on your care. I am so grateful to have a PCP who is so talented and caring.
I started seeing Dr. Brothers a few years ago and have been extremely happy with him. I have not had a very positive experience with doctors in the past, but he has gone above and beyond anything that I ever expected. Not only does he listen and when I say "listen", I mean he TRULY LISTENS to you, but he actually cares and shows it by his actions. I have several mental health disorders and unlike most doctors I have encountered, he recommends mental health treatments beyond the typical physician response of pushing psych meds down your throat. He is straight forward and checks in with me on a regular basis to see how I'm doing. He has a wonderful bed side manner and a great sense of humor. He has taken good care of me and has never steered me wrong in a course of treatment for whatever I have going on. I highly recommend Dr. Brothers!
When I first took Dr.Brothers as my PCP I only chose him because he was closer to where I worked and he was the only one taking in new patients at the time. I have seen him for 3 years in the camino group and every visit he was very patient, caring, and very polite to me and my husband. I had weird positional headaches during my 28th week of pregnancy and when I went to see him he sent me to ER right away. He even called the ER and told them I was enroute and that I shouldnt be waiting too long. I went back again for the same issue after the ER follow up and he called the neurologist on call and he himself made an appointment for me to see him right away. Note that the neuro's schedule was full but Dr.Brothers managed to get me the last apptmt anyway. While I waited for the neuro he allowed me to stay in his exam room with a drip (since I was pregnant) checked on me frequently. His bedside manners are impeccable and never made me feel uncomfortable. All in all I would recommend Dr.Brothers to anyone who is looking for someone to care for them routinely and their families. He may not be an expert at everything but he knows when to send you to a specialist and when to continue treatment with him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Brothers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. John A Brothers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSutter Health Family Medicine, 1201 Alhambra Blvd Ste 300, Sacramento, CA
Dr. John A Brothers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.