The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Burdakin Jr
Dr. John Burdakin Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cedar Rapids, IA, with other offices in Englewood, CO and Usaf Academy, CO . He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Burdakin is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center, William Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak and Porter Adventist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Burdakin Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Burdakin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center
William Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak
Porter Adventist Hospital
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
39 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. John Burdakin Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Burdakin Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Rapids, IA.