24 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.8

Have you seen Dr. John D Burk?

Office Staff

I saw this post on Facebook and previously being employed with a health office and an attorney, thought the office that rendered such action should be aware of how it offended the other patients in the waiting room. Everyone has accidents. Where is compassionate understanding. "Today was the first time I have ever had an appointment with The Dermatology Center, and as far as the treatment I received, I was very well pleased. However, I was very disappointed in the way I witnessed another person treated. Not so much disappointed, but heartbroken actually. Upon entering the office, a distinct gasoline odor was very noticeable and the two nurses behind the desk could clearly be heard discussing it. One of the doctors then entered the patient waiting room and asked aloud if any of the patients worked with gas or had stepped in or spilled it on themselves. An elderly man (probably late 70's early 80's) said that he had accidentally spilled some earlier and apologized. He was then ignored for his apology. By this point, I was in tears with sorrow for the elderly man who has just been publicly embarrassed. If that had not been enough, a secretary from behind the desk later entered the waiting room (with a smirk on her face as if it were some type of joke) and asked the man if the gasoline was just on his shoes and if so, could he sit the shoes outside. That was very unprofessional and uncalled for. He then proceeded to tell the woman how sorry he was and that it was on the bottom of his pants because someone had not readjusted the gasoline nozzle at the gas station and when he picked it up, it went everywhere. He said he knew he didn't have time to change due to his appointment. The secretary then proceeded to repeat herself that she didn't realize it was his pants and was going to have him place his shoes outside. He then apologized again and offered to sit outside. This man, I do not know, but I feel much pain for because nobody deserves to be publicly humiliated, especially an elder. I don't know a single person with the audacity to actually ask a patient to remove their shoes and place them outside. This should have never been publicly handled. The situation did not concern the other 10+ people in the waiting room, and he should have never been forced to justify himself in front of all of us. If it had to have been addressed, which personally, I don't think it did, it should have been done privately. A professional way of handling the situation would have been to call that man to a room and have him treated first so that he could then leave, not publicly embarrassing him. I found the way in which the situation was handled to be very distasteful, and I will never be able to erase the image of that elderly man's saddened faced, flustered with embarrassment, as he sat there alone being stared at by a whole waiting room of people. I just want to note that we as humans are all equal, and nobody is superior to anyone, other than God himself. We should treat others with kindness and respect especially those of you who choose to work in the medical field. And to the lady who did such a thing today, I pray that actions like that are not of your usual behavior because what you did today was very unbecoming as a person."

Dr. John D Burk is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Tupelo, MS.

Dr. John D Burk Is this you?