More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr John Baker
Dr John Baker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr Baker is affiliated with Shore Medical Center, Shore Memorial Hospital and Atlanticare Regional Medical Center-Mainland Division. Dr Baker has received 1 award.
Dr John Baker has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr John Baker has the following 24 expertise
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Sprains and Strains
- Stress Fractures
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
Dr John Baker has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr John Baker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
dr baker is patient, approachable, and most professional...he is an extremely knowledgeable diagnostician.. Dr Baker helped me recover from a "flare-up" episode in one part of body..and an injury to my rotator cuff from a fall... Dr Baker"s experience and expertise made my recovery easier and complete...Thank you Dr Baker, for being so available, kind and understanding during my time of need....I am an 81 year old woman who has her energy, physical ability and well being back because of this excellent doctor ...........
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr Baker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Shore Medical Center
Shore Memorial Hospital
Atlanticare Regional Medical Center-Mainland Division
Atlanticare Regional Medical Center-City Division
Atlantic City Med Ctr -Mainlan, Pomona, Nj
Atlanticare Regional Med Ctr
45 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
St Louis University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRothman Institute, 2500 English Creek Avenue, Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr John Baker, MD - Sports Medicine in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, in this video.
Dr John Baker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Egg Harbor Township, NJ.