Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Carlson has the following 1 specialty
Dr. John C Carlson has the following 1 expertise
Showing 4 of 4
Mr. Carlson allowed an elderly patient with obvious signs of dementia direct her own care post discharge from acute care surgery. The patient was given the option to go into transitional care vs. going directly home. Of course the patient is going to chose home over TC however it is the responsibility of the professional to make an assessment of the patients competency to appropriately care for themselves. This decision has put the patient in an unhygienic situation compromising an open wound. He ignored the past history of the patient from family members and he ignored current comorbidities. Additionally he discharged the patient too early presumably to improve his own utilization data relative to inpatient days. Needless to say this physician, along with the entire staff of Regina Hospital, did not perform an appropriate assessment or staffing of this patient upon intake or prior to discharge. Unfortunately what the family had predicted actually happened within 12 hours of discharge when the patient lost control of bodily functions. Thank you Dr. (and I use the term loosely) Carlson!
Dr. Carlson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. John C Carlson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert D Farber Md, 1285 Nininger Rd, Hastings, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Carlson in this video.
Dr. John C Carlson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hastings, MN.