Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John C Chow
Dr. John C Chow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Mateo, CA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Legal Medicine. Dr. Chow is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus, El Camino Hospital Mountain View Campus and Mills-Peninsula Medical Center. Dr. Chow has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John C Chow has the following 1 specialty
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr J Chow is an EXCELLENT physician. During the office visit, he takes the time to listen to your concerns, asks appropiate questions and suggestions are delivered in a kind and compassionate manner.As a diagnostician, he has the ability to identify signs and symptoms with incredible skill even if you are "not quite sure what is wrong other than you don't feel well".He is very thorough, treatments are explained and you don't feel that you have been rushed through. I highly recommend Dr Chow.The office staaff are truly wonderful also.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Dr. John C Chow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMary Catherine Murphy Md, 101 S San Mateo Dr Ste 100, San Mateo, CA
Dr. John C Chow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Mateo, CA.