Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John C Hart Jr has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. John C Hart Jr has the following 57 expertise
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Exam
- Eye Diseases
- Cerebral Palsy
- Diabetic Foot
- Bell's Palsy
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Retinal Disorders
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Vision Issues
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Eye Pain
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Kidney Disease
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Macular Degeneration
- Peptic Ulcer
- Eye Injuries
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Child Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Dr. John C Hart Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 69
The office slipped us in when we told them our concerns, so they listened well and we got service. Dr. Hart was very good explaining the diagnosis and what to expect or not expect. He was rushed and didn't want to re-explain since the patient was nervous and wanted soothing, however, we were lucky to get a quick appointment at the last minute. The staff was excellent with a lot of information and patience. We felt taken care of even if a little rushed out.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. John C Hart Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn C Hart Jr Md, 27555 Farmington Rd Ste 130, Farmington Hills, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Hart Jr, MD - Ophthalmology in Farmington Hills, MI, in this video.
Dr. John C Hart Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington Hills, MI.