Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John C Hughes
Dr. John C Hughes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saginaw, MI. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hughes is affiliated with Alepna Regional Medical Center and Covenant Medical Center Harrison. He speaks English.
Dr. John C Hughes has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John C Hughes has the following 11 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. John C Hughes has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
I requested a copy of my records and a letter of referral for bariatric surgery. He refused to provide either one & refused to even give a reason either to me or the facilities requesting the information! I am morbidly obese and desperately need this surgery for health reasons. Unfortunately, thanks to him, it looks like my chances of getting the surgery are slim and none. I'm currently preparing to find another hematologist who is more concerned about his patients and treats them like human beings, not cattle.
Dr. Hughes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. John C Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsAndersen Eye Associates, 5400 Mackinaw Rd, Saginaw, MI
Dr. John C Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saginaw, MI.