Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Perry has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Perry refused to treat my sore throat. I get sore throats regularly and know that after 3 days if they do not clear up on their own I need an antibiotic. dr. Perry said that b/c the strep test was negative he could not give me an antibiotic as this indicated that my sore throat was due to a virus. I was told to take antihistimes, zicam, tylenol and or advil. I called him back the next day to report feeling worse and he again refused to give me an antibiotic. His response was to "hang in there" From my experience with my own body I know that none of the above will work. I ended up traveling to an urgent care center about 30 minutes from my house to get an antibiotic. This is unacceptable.
Dr. Perry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University of Florida
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Perry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edenton, NC.