Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Phillips
Dr. John Phillips, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with other offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Pittsburgh, PA . He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Phillips is affiliated with UPMC Passavant, UPMC South Side and Upmc St Margaret. He speaks English.
Dr. John Phillips has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John Phillips has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. John Phillips has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Phillips is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Phillips is one of the MOST caring, physicians I have treating just one of a multitude of diseases I have that require a "specialist", and Dr. Phillips is TRULY "SPECIAL"!He is VERY thorough, he is generous with the amount of time he spends with me during every visit, and his EXTENSIVE WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE in ALL medical specialties makes him the PERFECT CARDIOLOGIST.He SINCERELY CARES about his patients, and he does everything in his power to make sure that his patients get the best care possible. Dr. Phillips IS GREAT!
Dr. Phillips is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UPMC South Side
Upmc St Margaret
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
University Of Pittsburgh Med C, Pittsburgh, Pa
44 Years Experience
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Phillips in this video.
Dr. John Phillips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.