Highly Dissatisfied

If I were you, I'd go somwhere else. Just horrible.

Very disappointing visit with Dr. Carrington (DC). First off, his office is located in an old two story house that has the same charm as a funeral home shaping my negative first impression. After waiting a short time I was escorted to an upstairs exam room that was equally inviting. After a quick talk with one of his assistants DC came in and asked me what I was there for. I showed him the rash I had and he bent towards me, gave a quick once over, and diagnosed me. He recommended I get both a steroid pill and topical cream to treat the rash. In the end, the treatment was ineffective so I ended up seeking help at at a much more respected office and when I told them what DC had diagnosed me with there was utter confusion and bewilderment from the new doctor. He not only told me that his diagnosis was wrong but also the medication he prescribed might have made the rash worse. Sketchy building, horrible bedside manner, and questionable abilities. If I were you, I'd go somwhere else. Worst...doctor...ever.

Acne Treatment

I went to Dr. Carrington for acne treatment. He did not explain what type of acne I had nor did he give me medical advice. Instead I was given prescriptions and hustled out the door. The reason I left his practice is due to one particular experience. He had his wife (also a staff member) checking in with me one occasion and she had extremely poor bedside manner. I was against taking oral antibiotics for my acne and she said "if I looked like that I'd want to use everything." As an self-conscious, insecure teenager I was mortified and offended. That was that last visit I had (in 2007, I believe). Little sympathy in the office.

He really knows his stuff!

The office staff here are the friendliest I had ever encountered at a doctors office. Dr Carrington is very nice, but very quick! He knew exactly what I had when he saw it, and then he was outta there.Great dermatologist, but if you're looking for a doctor to hold your hand and chit chat, this isn't the one.Like I said, his staff was wonderful!I will definately be back if I need anything else! I will recommend his to my friends and family as well.

The worst professionalism EVER!

We went to Dr. Carrington to get help with my 7 yo daughters warts. He never talked with her, or explained what she could expect or what she had to do. I had questions that he didn't answer as he pushed his way out of the room. He never explained the process of treatment to me and left it up to the nurse, who didn't explain it to my daughter either. I asked for them to demonstrate the procedure for both of us since we would have to do it at home. The nurse refused to demonstrate the procedure. He prescribed medicine that I could only purchase at his office and it wasn't covered by either of my insurance companies. This medicine would need to be put directly on the wart each night. It doesn't come with an applicator or any suggestions as to what to use as an applicator. When I asked the nurse what to use, she told me "I wouldn't use my finger if I were you". (Really? I shouldn't use my finger to apply acid? DUH!) She then suggested Qtips. Well they are way too big to deal with the small warts on her inner wrist. The acid gets on her healthy skin and burns like crazy! As for the oral medication, he screwed up the prescription which the nurse caught when she went to file the copy. She then called me to tell me that they would need to make adjustments before it was filled. This was the nurse, not the DR. that found the mistake. Neither of them bothered to tell me that the pill would need to be split, this required an additional 45 mile round trip to the pharmacy to get a pill splitter. When I called the office the next morning the office help told me that I should not expect the Dr. to know about the dosage of pills available. Seriously? He's the Doctor! Isn't that his job? It's not my job! He prescribed medication to a 7 year old that he was unfamiliar with? Why didn't he know and understand the medication? Warts are not a rare diagnosis for a dermatologist. Shouldnt he be infinitely familiar with the treatment of such a common condition? Why did he screw up the prescription? Why didn't he take more than 2 minutes with us and why didn't talk to and explain the procedures to my daughter? I believe that the reason I got an appointment so quickly and why there was little time in the waiting room, is because others have had similar experiences to me and they don't go back. I know I won't go back. I would encourage all who consider a dermatologist to seek other options than to use Dr. Carrington in Pendleton Oregon.

Dr. John M Carrington is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pineville, LA.