Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John G Carrougher
Dr. John G Carrougher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA, with another office in Gig Harbor, WA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Carrougher is affiliated with Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center, Chi Franciscan Health St Francis Hospital and St Joseph Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John G Carrougher has 2 locations
1112 6th Ave Ste 200
Tacoma, WA 98405
Book Online Now
Dr. John G Carrougher has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John G Carrougher has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. John G Carrougher - Posted on April 8th, 2016
He is so good that it takes months to get an appointment. Most kind gentle man but oh so knowledgeable. Saved my life.
Dr. Carrougher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1985
Madigan Army Medical Center
Dr. John G Carrougher Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John G Carrougher, MD - Gastroenterology in Tacoma, WA, in this video.
Dr. John G Carrougher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.