Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John B Casper MD
John Casper graduated with honors and received the Doctor of Medicine Degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine. Following medical school, he completed eight and a half years of graduate medical training in three specialties. Dr. Casper maintains Board Certification in Addiction Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Anesthesiology. He has accumulated over a decade of experience in the treatment of addiction and mental illness. During years of practice in primary care, Dr. Casper realized that our difficulty controlling unhealthy behavior is the greatest barrier to wellness. Believing that addiction’s socioeconomic impact is greater than that of all other diseases combined and that treating addiction will provide the greatest health benefits for those affected by the disease, Dr. Casper eventually chose to focus his practice in the field of Addiction Medicine.
272 E 36th St
Garden City, ID 83714
Book Online Now
Dr. John B Casper has the following 3 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John B Casper is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. John B Casper - Posted on May 25th, 2017
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Virginia Mason Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. John B Casper Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsMedical Consulting Services, 272 E 36th St, Garden City, ID
Dr. John B Casper is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Eagle, ID.