Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Castro has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John P Castro has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John P Castro has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Although I remained respectful and attentive during my appointment, I will not be returning to see Dr. Castro. He treated me as though I was an imbecile. He accused me of lying (by asking for a witness and then twisting my words later in the appointment) about a very dangerous drug side effect I experienced. He also spent half of my allotted 30 minutes explaining to me what "involuntary" meant, when I never asked. (Heck, don't we all learn that in the second grade?) After wasting most of the appointment with exhaustive, repetitive, and unneeded explanations, he then told me that he didn't have time to check on the issues I was there to have evaluated. Overall, I was sorely disappointed with Dr. Castro's behavior and would never recommend his services to anyone.
40 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsOgden Va Outpatient Clinic, 982 Chambers St, Ogden, UT
Dr. John P Castro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ogden, UT.