Dr. John Chabot Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. John Chabot?

my experience is wonderful

Posted on January 31st, 2017

I see one thing he is the right Shluach from Hashem and Maalech Refuel is with him. (using Jewish words)

My Dr Chabow

Posted on October 30th, 2015

Dr Chabow was my surgeon and saved my life Although he is highly professional, when he sits at your bedside, you are his most important patient. He has an exceptional team of doctors who follow up with the patients DAILY

Great Surgeon but after care Horrible

Posted on September 7th, 2012

After having all kinds of complications after the surgery his responce is he is perplexed. One year after the surgery I called for his advise it took 3 months to get a reply after countless phone calls and emails it took my husband to call to get a response. He told me to go to Minnisota to get a work up Why not go to NY Presbyterian where he is they are suppose to have a great GI team there he is basically throwing me to the curb. I used to Put Him on such a Pedistal I thought he was different from all the other doctors I THOUGHT he really CARED. He did when I had the whipple and then 4 months later for a revision, but when the 6 weeks where up that all ended.

Posted on June 8th, 2012

Good Luck getting a phone call back when you are having problems after the surgery!!!!!

The Best

Posted on December 23rd, 2011

Dr. Chabot saved my life. He is an extraordinary surgeon and a wonderful human being.

Posted on July 20th, 2011

We went to Dr. Chabot to seek a 2nd opinion regarding Pncreatic Cancer. We provided all of the test results and scans from our original Doctor. We were explained all of our options regarding this disease and originally felt good about the consultation. We told him of a concern from our original surgeon regarding a "hot spot" on the PET scan we provided for review. We were told they would review everything and get back to us. The next day we received a call from Dr. Chabot stating he had "great news" for us. He stated that they had reviewed the scan and that we had nothing to worry about regarding the "hot spot" being cancer, it was clear. We told our original doctor of this but he disagreed and insisted that we proceed with a previously scheduled biopsy. We did the biopsy and it came back positive for cancer. We relayed this information to Dr. Chabots office, along with a copy of the biopsy report. It took 7 days from the time we relayed this information to get a response. The response was from a nurse who stated that Dr. Chabot reviewed the biopsy report and it is positive for cancer, something we already knew. At no time did we get to speak to the doctor about additional options etc. All the nurse said was to find an Oncologist closer to our home. Dr. Chabot may be a great surgeon (we never found out because the spread to the lymph node precluded surgery) but once we no longer qualified for the surgery we were cast aside. Be wary that you don't fit it to any preconcieved qualification to receive the necessary treatment. Maybe it was a bad day at the office but my wife is having a worse day then he is. He should have presented the news and offered ALL available options.

Rock Star of Pancreatic Surgery!

Posted on February 11th, 2011

In addition to being a brilliant surgeon, Dr. Chabot is an incredibly kind, caring physician. In the deadly realm of pancreatic cancer, he is the knight in shining armor. We cannot begin to say enough about this doctor!

Posted on September 27th, 2010

Dr. Chabot is wonderful! He is kind, caring, and the most talented man I have ever met. He is a fabulous doctor, and an incredible man!

Absolutely Fabulous, Stunnigly Skilled Surgeon

Posted on September 24th, 2010

Dr. Chabot has operated on me twice (Whipple and liver resection). Amazing guy. I've never felt the slghtest hesitation to follow his advice. Just one of those people who exudes such a high level of competence, he is just THE MAN! Interpersonal skills are also top notch. Nothing to say against him. Would (and have) recommended him to others without hesitation.

Posted on October 29th, 2009

Stunningly talented. Genuinely gifted technically and interpersonally. A "doctor" in the oldest sense of the term.

Posted on October 1st, 2017